Pilot Job / Lowongan Kerja Pilot C206 Congo
This is a full-time field based position responsible for undertaking aerial surveys and aerial support to wildlife law enforcement, protected area management and logistics in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) as part of WCS’s private-public protected area management partnership with Government of the DRC. The position is based out of the Okapi Wildlife Reserve in northeastern DRC. Major Responsibilities:
Duties include ensuring sound operations, piloting and maintenance of WCS aircraft (Cessna 206), organizing and undertaking aerial surveys for wildlife and monitoring of human threats, providing aerial support to law enforcement and protected area management efforts and monitoring in cooperation with wildlife authorities, following the WCS conservation aviation program standard procedures and systems.
The position also includes technical reporting writing, managing the administrative procedures related to the aviation program, liaising with the DRC aviation authorities, mapping, training and mentoring of observers, and providing recommendation to the country program with regards to its aviation program development.
- Aircraft model: C206
- Type required: Yes
- Languages: English, French
- FAA ATP or CPL;
- FAA Class 1 flight crew medical certificate;
- Current IR Land;
- 400 hours flying experience Pilot in Command;
- Strong knowledge of FAA regulations and aircraft maintenance requirements.
- Experience with wildlife surveys and bush flying in remote areas.
- Working French and English language skills;
- Technical skills and knowledge in GIS, aerial surveys, wildlife protection monitoring, aerial photography, also desired;
- Ability to work in a team, in a multi-cultural context and under extreme field conditions.
- Previous experience in Africa;
- Knowledge of Swahili.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications, should apply.